27.08.2013

SMD. First try

I’ve received my SMD 5050 RGB LEDs recently, and of course I wanted to test them. So I’ve decided to make a breakout board.

Few words about PCB creation. I’ve decided to use citric acid, hydrogen peroxide and salt for the etching process, I think someday I might do a tutorial on this. I liked this method very much. It is cheap, relatively quick and very simple, as you are not dealing with some hazardous chemical like ferric chloride.

Here is the result:


Arduino is contolling the LED to run through all the colors. It took me several hours to get to this state. But the fact that it a least works I think is great for the first attempt. I will improve it later using the solder mask and proper pins instead of wires. But for now it is a good result.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий